Jesus prioritized time in prayer with his Father. This was the source of his power, teaching, confidence and vision. He called the church to prayer before his ascension, and prayer was one of the defining features of the early church (Acts 2:42-47). Paul likewise called the church to worship and prayer and saw it as the foundation of his ministry. (see Ephesians 6:18-20, Colossians 4:2, and 1 Timothy 2:1).
As we look through church history, we see that the church was at its best, and God his most glorious, when his people sought him in humble, desperate, passionate prayer. We want to catalyze and resource this hunger again in the Church of the Valley.
- We pray to be obedient. Colossians 4:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, 1 Timothy 2:1
- We pray to communicate with God. Hebrews 4:15-16
- We pray to bring about change. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- We pray to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Mark 1:35
- We pray to give him praise. Psalm 92:1
- We pray to be empowered. Ephesians 6:12
- We pray to help us fight temptation. Matthew 26:41
- We pray to see God’s kingdom come. Matthew 6:10
- We pray to discern God’s will. James 1:5
- We pray to grow in our faith. Ephesians 3:20
48 Hours of Prayer
Week of Prayer
For more information - Email Pam Sams